Tuesday 4 February 2014

inspiration- embracing the beige


This weekend the sun came out! Mr P was delighted to be able to spend time in the garden, hacking and slashing. The snowdrops and hellebores are out, giving us hope that one day spring will finally arrive.

Meanwhile, after a trip to the fabulous Eternal Maker,

https://www.eternalmaker.com/

(and a delicious lunch),

 I now have this stack of beautiful fabric waiting to become a quilt for a friend. I was deeply impressed at her speedy and decisive choices- I've never been known to spend less than an hour in this fabulous fabric emporium, and then I always leave with a guilty bag of things I didn't know I wanted, which need to be smuggled into the house up my jumper....


Loving these colours (even the beige!), especially the splash of lime green. Now we just need to decide on the design...





I have been musing about where inspiration comes from, and this weekend the landscape seemed to be obliging by using the same steely grey/silver palette.


The stubble makes me think of the pelt of an animal, spread like a rug over the hill.


The last lit-up corncob lantern amongst the ragged shreds.


Silvery saw marks, against the blue of the corrugated iron (mmm, corrugated iron is amongst Mr P's favourite things- strange man!)




















..and look at this striking abstract image made by chainsaw cuts in a fallen tree- maybe these will all work their way into the quilt?

1 comment:

  1. Love the colour scheme - lucky friend to have such a talented friend to make for her. Lovely inspirational photos too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...