Wednesday 26 February 2014

bobbles with everything

I am attempting to be disciplined at the moment, and concentrating on making the quilt for my friend...she didn't want it too wonky, and yet not too rigid, so I have gone back to the 'magic numbers' design I've used before, here:

http://molebags.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/jim-jams-and-tablecloths.html

and here:

http://molebags.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/nearly-finished.html

You just need to cut squares six and a half inches, four and a half inches and two and a half inches square, and they will always fit together. I decided to have more cream squares than any other colour for a random look.

To see if I was on the right track, I photographed the fabric individually, and made this mock-up in Adobe InDesign. It looks quite convincing, and no fabric was harmed in making this picture!





























She was pleased with the idea so now its up on the wall (and the top of the cupboard), waiting to be sewn together. 

































Here are the first few to be joined up (they are actually square, but this isn't a very good photo..)


While we were in the Eternal Maker choosing fabric, I somehow found myself agreeing to make a ruffle top for my other friend- just as well its a quick thing to make, so I can get back to the main event!


These peppered cottons are gorgeous! Might have to make myself one of these too, hmm, maybe in lovely terracotta colour...


I have managed to make a little something for myself too this week, a cushion made from vintage fabric, with lovely yellow bobbles! I am having a craze for these and I'd really like to sew them on to everything, but Mr P is ambivalent to say the least regarding bobbles, so I may have to restrain myself..



Its very satisfying to make something from bits I already had, and some odd buttons from the button tin. Mr P. says this cushion is kitsch (which is usually a good thing) but hideous (which isn't), but I don't care...




Loving those bobbles (sorry Mr P)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...