Sunday 12 May 2013

catching up

Well its been quiet here for a while because I've had a week off from the day job and I seem to have been out every day..

Rummaging amongst the charity shops:



.. every home should have a blue lamb surrounded by fairy lights! 

I love to have time for some bread making:


This is Dan Lepard's Flash Loaf. It can be on your plate in 2 hours and its delicious! It has grated potato and vinegar in the mixture, which makes for a lovely moist loaf with an almost 'sourdough' taste when you don't have time to make true sourdough bread. 

I replaced the potato with beetroot in this one, which resulted in a ruby red loaf, and added some caraway seeds. Lovely warm with some tasty cheese.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/nov/21/flash-loaf-bread-baking-recipe





....and of course there's the garden, now that things are warming up:




too much to do out here, everything is suddenly green, green, green.

Meanwhile, indoors, I am trying to finish the quilt with steam cars on it for my friend's husband. Hopefully he will get it before the weather warms up- the top is nearly finished   


Its coming together quite well. The blocks are randomly pieced but each one will be trimmed to 9 inches square to give it an overall rhythm, and then I need  to decide how to quilt it. 
I know some people like to have a master plan before starting a project but I prefer to just jump in and see what happens. I find things seem to take on a life of their own.



Now I need a trip to the Eternal Maker shop (oh joy, oh joy!) to buy some backing fabric. I'm thinking of brushed cotton for extra snuggliness!

News on the antique (?) quilt: My friend has suggested sending photos to the Quilters Guild, so watch this space for news!                                                                                                     
        


If only every week could be so much fun, going out with lovely friends, baking, sewing and gardening- heaven!

1 comment:

  1. That loaf is looking delicious. I can imagine how nice it'd be with cheese. Hungry now, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...