Sunday 10 February 2013

what the well-dressed bear is wearing


Who knew that if you take your teddy to a wedding he MUST have a new suit?



No I didn't either, but this week I have been creating a pin-striped suit for a friend's bear, complete with silk waistcoat... and then I got rather carried away and went on to make the country suit for the bear who likes to go huntin' shootin' and fishin'......



and then I couldn't resist covering his modesty with some snappy hippo-patterned underpants.

Hmm, I think I may have started something! I found it rather addictive being able to run up a whole wardrobe for someone who obligingly doesn't fidget, and who doesn't need to be able to move in the outfit.. 

...and I got to use some of the teeny tiny buttons in my button box, and to discover that my sewing machine can indeed make teeny tiny buttonholes for them, not to mention the teeny tiny pegs! (the bear is about 9 inches tall).

What next- swimming trunks? bermuda shorts? scuba diving outfit? The world's my lobster!



4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! You could set up in business making clothes for the well dressed bear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...