Monday 18 February 2013

blocks, blocks, blocks

Some blocks from the black/navy quilt which is growing on the design wall:





I am including some ladies from this wonderful Matisse paintings fabric- I wonder what Matisse would think of being part of a quilt? Actually his later paper cutout works did have a quilty feel to them..

... and on a slightly different theme, the first blocks for a quilt for a friend's husband. When I made a quilt for her he was apparently unimpressed, but she keeps finding him curled up asleep under it!

His interest is in all things steam powered, and he is renovating a steam car, so she wants Stanley steam cars on the quilt. Amazingly I have tracked down some likely fabric:


I also have some pictures of the man himself driving his car, so I might have a go at jamming the printer by printing them onto fabric using freezer paper as a support..



I think he might be doubly surprised to receive a quilt with his own car on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...