Sunday 31 March 2013

stripey

I bought this happy stripey jumper in a charity shop a while ago. I love the colours, but its rather too snug in the bosom department, and roll necks are hot and itchy, so I've been wondering what to do with it..


I'd like to try to make it into a little waistcoat, so I need to cut it right up the front...

.. and cut off the arms...




hmmm so now I'm committed to carrying on!

I was going to cut off the collar but now I'm thinking I might keep it but make it smaller.

Thinking about how to finish the front edges, either by using some of the fabric from the sleeves (on the left) or make binding from a bit of a favourite cotton fabric (on the right)?


I could even use the left over sleeves to make a pair of hand warmers, as Spring still doesn't show any signs of arriving!

Anyway its past my bedtime so my hot water bottle and I will adjourn for this evening, and carry on tomorrow. I'm not sure if this is going to be a success or a cause for much swearing, and then end up as several stripy teddy bears or similar!

1 comment:

  1. You could do a stripy border and face it with fabric so doing both options perhaps? It's going to be good do show us when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...