Thursday 30 August 2012

a quilt for a friend



My friend asked me to make her a quilt, which was a good excuse for an excursion to the fabulous Eternal Maker fabric shop (my favourite place in the world!):

http://www.eternalmaker.com/

Before we went, she was favouring a green and brown colour scheme, which would be right outside my comfort zone....



She asked for a design without straight lines- luckily that's what I do best!





The top is finished and I'm just putting the back together..

... then the quilty part can begin! I'm going to do it in the same way as this one:

Hope she likes it!









2 comments:

  1. Lucky friend! I'd certainly love it. How do you do the quilting? Is that some machining and some hand stitching? I have only ever managed to make one small quilt and that I did with ties as I had no idea how to do proper quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marigold! Yes, I do a sort of made up random machine stitching, and then a little hand stitching using perle no 8 thread. I use a walking foot on the machine but you could probably get away with a normal one.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...