Wednesday 31 August 2016

a marvellous machine

Who remembers having one of these? I've been longing for one for ages, and finally weakened and bought one from Amazon. Fantastic how you can get anything from Amazon these days, I had given up asking in art shops and stationers for a desk pencil sharpener. I'm sure we had one on the teacher's desk when I was at junior school.
























I have got lots and LOTS of pencils, and they are now all very sharp after I spent a happy afternoon whittling away with my new machine. Look at those points, you could play darts with them!



























I love the fact that its a very simple, well made bit of kit that does a great job. Something very satisfying about a thing that's completely fit for purpose (not to mention that its also shiny and red).

And another pencil sharpener- I bought some very chunky crayons and was delighted to find that you could also buy the custom sized sharpener. I know I could use a knife, but how delightful to have the exact tool for the job.
























And just who needs a rubber this big? (Me, of course!) It really is as big as it looks. Oh, how I love stationery shops...

























Of course I do have some pencils which will still need to be sharpened with a stanley knife, especially the ethnic one made out of a tree...





5 comments:

  1. Fern olive mint lime and sage! The colours of envy! I want one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got an old one of those and the only thing is you have to be careful not to get carried away and end up with a stub instead of a whole pencil as it is such fun turning the handle! Love that big rubber or as we might say when speaking to any American readers and eraser!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I'm still searching the house for more pencils to sharpen! (and you're right about the rubber/eraser too!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...