Sunday 13 December 2015

a merry lobster christmas

Last week we rushed out during a break in the weather for lunch and a walk by the sea, and found this extraordinary lobster pot Christmas tree!




























What a brilliant idea- the pots were donated by local people and when it stops being a tree it will become individual lobster pots for the Emsworth fishermen. A good example of the practical spirit of Christmas. 




We love to be by the sea whatever the weather, and everything was sparkling when the sun came out. As a late friend used to say 'it makes you wish you were alive'.































The sky was full of the low winter light that makes colours flat and chalky. I noticed these pastel coloured cottages, and I love the subtle difference between the white and the almost-white pinky grey.






























They reminded me of this doll's house, seen in a shop window




























(This must be for rather posh dolls, there's a miniature aga in the kitchen!)

I really hope that the pretend snow won't be the only snow we see this winter. The weather is spookily unseasonal, and we could do with some lovely bright frosty days, if only to dry up the unending mud. Also now that Mr P and I no longer have to leave the house to go to the Day Jobs, we are hoping for the opportunity to snuggle down in front of the fire with a big vat of soup and wait for the snowdrops to come out...


3 comments:

  1. Love that alternative Christmas tree! I hadn't realised just how near to the coast you are - I enjoy the seaside at any time of year except perhaps summer if like Weymouth the beach is covered with lobster coloured bodies but in winter it has that je ne sais quoi doesn't it? Always good to have a breath of sea air and especially so in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh you make me want to see the sea again. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A much needed breath of fresh air for me.....I love weather and rainy sea, just the ticket to get me through the next week! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...