Wednesday 30 September 2015

and now, printing in the woods!

Following the success of the short monoprinting evening two weeks ago, I have even more rashly committed myself to offering art workshops to take place next year in a lovely barn at Bramley in Surrey.

So Mr P and I will be loading up the car at the crack of 7am on Sunday, to go and join in with the Surrey Hills Wood Fair, where I will be demonstrating in a tent for the day, and finding out if I can interest potential woodland artists for next spring and summer.

http://www.surreyhills.org/events/the-surrey-hills-wood-fair/




























So just to make sure no bits are missing we've had a trial run of putting up our pergola in the garden. And if I don't get anyone interested in art workshops, I can always go in for fortune-telling instead!

With my mind on landscape and woodland I've been making monoprints- nothing like a deadline to galvanise one into action...





I am more than a little apprehensive- will it rain? Will I need my thermal vest? Will anybody be interested in a small woman in a stripy tent? I'll let you know after Sunday! 






























3 comments:

  1. It reminds me of the 'Have a Go' I used to do at Arundel...
    Warning - do not allow unaccompanied children. You don't want their parents to gratefully drop them off and then roar off in their cars!
    Seriously, you'll be great! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck small woman.......defo wear your thermals, you can always strip off behind the tent...Enjoy xoxoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the encouragement, girls! Off to fill up my new thermos with nourishing tea....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...