Monday 7 October 2013

hand made

Following our success with pop-up shops in Midhurst, the Handy and Divine creative group 'pop up exhibition' at the Oxmarket Centre of Arts in Chichester is now in full swing-we have managed to fit a lot of different beautiful hand made things into the gallery.



Here are some of my teacup pincushions, looking dead posh in a glass cabinet






























and sharing the same case is this delicate silver jewellery cleverly made from real leaves and seeds



I love these colourful wallets in supple leather and suede, made by Jeanette Sutton, especially the one with the foxes inside!

http://jeanettesutton.co.uk/wordpress/































Somebody asked me which item I would buy if I could only choose one, and it couldn't have been an easier decision- this magnificent journal, made by Gaynor at the Blue Door Bindery:

http://handyanddivine.co.uk/wordpress/?p=154
































It has a wonderful organic look, as though it could get up and trundle away. (Maybe that's why its tied up?). Anyway, I'd love to own it but would feel obliged to think of something very special to write or draw in it.

Its equally beautiful on the inside:




























These slightly less prehistoric ones are lovely too.

And this intricate bowl just takes my breath away!



Its inspiring to be part of such a talented group, and its fun to meet the people who come to admire, and hopefully to buy too.

The event continues this week, Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 4.30pm.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh how lovely it all is - wish I was near enough to visit and see it for myself. What a clever and talented lot you all are.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...